Saturday 21 August 2010

Fever

Oh dear, oh dear. The last couple of days that I've been keeping shop I have felt decidedly ill but have soldiered on regardless, (you can get the violins out now at this point). I stood behind the counter looking and sounding grey. I'm not sure if you can sound grey but that's how I felt. Luckily our customers were as usual on hand to bring a smile to my face, even the first customer of the day who had already been hitting the sauce and strictly speaking wasn't actually a customer, just a drunkard who wanted to regale me with stories of what he used to wear in the eighties and tattoos in dubious places. It still (and I'm not sure how) lifted my spirits , that is once I had managed to kindly but firmly show him the door.
It has been a kind of busy-ish couple of days and there are some new faces, so I'm guessing the students are arriving, hallelujah.  Thank you all students and in fact anybody who pays a visit to our shop, it is a bit out of the way but on the other hand it's a million times more interesting than West Quay shopping Centre.
Talking of interesting, which I sort of was, this very interesting looking girl (I think her name was Penny) was in the shop today and she chose this cute cute cute mustard brown chiffon type fifties dress to wear. It looked like it was made for her. I simply had to take a couple of photos (even though I was still a bit grey) 









Wow Penny you could be a model

This dress reminded me a bit of 'Mad Men' and reminded me that I want one of these



I'm hoping summer hasn't decided to disappear completely but even so Beatnik will be starting to stock up with some warmer wintery bits. Drop by and take a look, but maybe not if you're drunk and have a dodgy tattoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment